In love relationships there must always be a balance. If the situation at home is too cold or too hot, things could get out of hand. Neither extreme is good, not even with care and affection. We all need to find balance in everything we do in order to live in peace. You may be feeling that you are overwhelming your partner. Is that true? Find out here.
Why is my partner feeling overwhelmed?
The burden in a partner is something very delicate, because it is a clear sign that said person is getting tired of you, of your attitudes and dealings. It may sound a bit alarming, but it is reality. When a couple feels overwhelmed, they will act like a cornered animal that will try to escape at the first moment it gets a chance.
However, there are times when the burden is caused by our fault and others when it is not. And to determine whether the relationship can continue or not, it is important to know why our partner is feeling burdened. Is it because of us or is it just that he no longer feels the same?
- Excessive attention: Even good deals are not pleasant if they border on excessive. We are all independent human beings who will need our own space from time to time. If we feel like they are stealing that space, and our alone time, we will soon feel trapped in a cage.
- Too much jealousy: Although feeling jealous is normal, when the situation is out of the ordinary, our partner can feel overwhelmed. Especially if you are not doing anything wrong. The insanely jealous or can end a relationship faster than you think.
- Many conflicts: A calm partner and a problematic partner will always be in constant disagreement. And in all cases, the calm couple will not bear the constant fights and little by little the love will fade.
- Lack of interest: When the other partner loses total interest in you and it seems that nothing matters to him, he usually feels overwhelmed with the smallest thing that happens. Especially because it is in a place where it does not want to be.
Tips for not overwhelming your partner:
A relationship should be as fluid as possible. This means that everything that happens in it must be natural, without anything to force situations or anything like that. It is very important to keep this in mind, because when we begin to demand more or to give more, without the other person having a desire to give or receive, they can become overwhelmed. Therefore:
- Flow with the flow of the relationship: You yourself will realize if your partner is willing to give the same as you, or if they have the same level of commitment. If he doesn’t have it, decide if you want to talk to him about it, or if you leave the relationship.
- Do not get carried away by jealousy: If you are a girl with certain insecurities that cause you a lot of jealousy, try to leave this side of your personality behind. Pay attention to your partner’s actions and focus on the two of you. Excessive jealousy will only make your man move away from you instead of closer.
- Relax: There is nothing men like more than a woman who knows how to relax. That he does not get too carried away by the problems or inconveniences of the day to day and that he knows how to laugh.
- Share the things you like: Let your man express himself however he wishes. Get to know him, respect him and don’t try to change every detail of his personality. If you didn’t like him the way he is, why did you hang out with him?
If I overwhelm my partner is it because I am toxic?
In most cases, a toxic girlfriend manages to overwhelm her partner very quickly. So if you feel that you are a toxic woman, evaluate how the reactions and the treatments you have had lately have been.
Accepting that there are certain things in which you are exaggerating, is the first step to change for the better. Don’t let your overly strong temper damage your relationship and be willing to change if you really need it.