Feeling like you want to end a relationship is not as easy as it sounds. Most of the time, we are very afraid of how the other person might react. Above all because we do not want to hurt them, and therefore sometimes we opt for a simple message that makes our intentions clear. But how to be tactful when doing it? Here we will tell you how.
Phrases to end a long distance relationship by chat:
Breaking up with someone without hurting them is very complicated, since there will always be conflicting emotions that will cause sadness. It is in these moments where you have to have real tact, since otherwise we would only make things worse. But what words can be indicated to avoid hurting a person when finishing with them?
- “You are a person who has been very special, I appreciate you and I love you. But I don’t think our relationship will come to anything.”
- “The moments we spend together are incredible, but right now I need to be on my own.”
- “You’re a lot of fun and we had a great time together, but I’m not ready for a relationship. I hope we’re still friends.”
- “Even though we had a good time, I don’t feel like there is a connection beyond friendship between us. I’m sorry.”
- “You are an amazing boy, but I don’t feel ready to go out with you right now.”
- “I’ve been thinking about this for a long time, and I think it’s fair to tell you that I don’t see a future for this relationship.”
- “I loved meeting you and spending time with you, but I need time to focus on myself and the things I want.”
- “I thank you for everything we went through together, but I have realized that now I must give myself love.”
- “I don’t feel like there is a connection between us, please don’t take it the wrong way. You’re a great boy and I want you to always have your best.”
- “I know that right now I can’t give more than you ask of me. I don’t think I can continue with this, I’m sorry.”
- “It will be very difficult to forget you, but it is healthy for both of us that each one continue with their life.”
- “There is no latent passion between us, and that’s not what I’m looking for.”
- “We’ve tried many times, but love doesn’t seem to move forward. I need time to love myself, and you should too.”
- “We have shared many moments together, but we both feel stuck. It is time for each one to move on with their life.”
Signs that you should end your long distance relationship
Overcoming each of the stages of heartbreak will depend entirely on the way they end you. Regardless of whether it was by chat or in person, tact and empathy is what makes you cope better. However, when one person decides to end another in a long-distance relationship, they also go through several situations that led to the decision:
- Especially in long-distance relationships, communication is the total base, but you don’t always have the necessary ease and time.
The weight of distance
- The distance hinders several pillars of a relationship including contact, being able to go out with someone in person and touch them, adds points that you will not get in a long distance relationship.
Do you like someone else?
- If you have someone you like and is also close to you, it can be a situation that ends up ending your relationship distance.
How to end a long distance relationship without hurting my ex:
In any case, we recommend that if you have a long-distance relationship and it has been really significant, you try to end in the best possible way, the distance will be a point in favor for the first time.
Once you have decided to end your distance relationship and you want to do it without hurting that person who gave you so many good moments even being miles away from you, try to fulfill these points:
- Have empathy: Allow a fluid conversation for your ex to express his feelings.
- Take responsibility: Blame him for your decision.
- Be grateful for everything given: Ideal to reduce pain.
- Keep your distance: You must give him time to process the information. Don’t expect to keep talking to her on a daily basis after the breakup.